Saturday, November 25, 2006

Ode to Paper (press)

Crisp Whiteness,
Inviting
Ideas, offering
Promises
Of inspiration.
Expectant.
The scribe of
History
And recorder of
Story.
Never have I seen
Paper
As a device for
Papercuts,
But always as a
Breath
of excitement, of nearby
Ideas,
Enmeshed in a
Simple,
Plain and lovely
Garment,
Of vibrant words
Woven
Into the fabric of
Brilliance.
Oh beautiful paper, I am
Honored
By your invitation.
I
Accept its promise
Eagerly
And wait for the
Day
When I can return the
Favor
With my own humble
Pencil.

3 comments:

Wishing.for.a.Heart said...

That was beautiful. I love your writing. It seemed to get a little bit awkward in the last stanza though...

Anonymous said...

That is really really really really really really really really really really really nice

Anonymous said...

How you described the floor was thoughtful. I like how you brought the floor to life. it's creative. I like it.