Thursday, September 28, 2006

Broken Hearts are Broken Souls(press)

(Wow this is old. I wrote it when I had just got out of my old middle school, but I still like it so...why not?! Hope you like it!)(p.s. yay first post!)

My memory will never fade
For what you did to me I cannot erase
I cried for you
I lived for you
I wanted to be with you
but no

For what is done is done
and we must move on
but my scars
you gave to me
will never go away
I would've died for you, and yet you threw me away
Do you know what I went through
or do even care
Please hold me close
one last time
so I can see your eyes so blue...

Because I still love you
And I always will

3 comments:

esperanza said...

I really like this and can totally relate. The language is good and expressive in the poem. Nice! It's awesome that you're in poetry club.

Soma Obsidian said...

Shows promise for being in middle-school.

Anonymous said...

Wow I was crying before I read this because I am confused and didn't know how to say my words...but you said it for me. This is really a great poem!!