Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Sweet Dreams My Love

You are all around me,
Every where I go.
Your beautiful picture
Haunts me. The beautiful
Eyes following me, where
Ever I go. I see me
And I used to look
So happy but in the mirror it is different.
I’m angry, cold, and alone.

I love you, for being the best thing that
Has ever happened to me.
I hate you for being my only love; forever.

I wish I could kiss you but the poisonous touch of your skin, will kill
Me inside and out.

I cry tears tonight and
Forever more. I will always
Wait for you to love me again.

I am happy in the dark
, and angry, oh so angry, in
The sun. I will always
Be forever the lone wolf
In the night; crying to
The moon.

I hang my head, lifted high.
I cry only when I’m alive.
Depression and love are splitting me
Over and over, into a million
Pieces. Pieces that I use, to cut
out the pain in my arm. Where I show myself to you on
my sleeve.

So steel my heart and put it on
a silver platter. Hang my heart over
a cliff and toss it into the water
to be drowned by the public interruptions.

Kiss me goodnight. For now it is
time truly for my mind to leave
my warm heart, and sink into
my own dark corner, where I am invisible.
Your memory hugs my body, sweetly till I die.

4 comments:

Hilachita said...

This poem is really cool juniper*tears! A few parts seem a little cliche and dead, but most of it is excellent! I love:
"I will always
Be forever the lone wolf
In the night"
and
"I cry only when I'm alive"
and
"So steal my heart and put it on
a silver platter. Hang my heart over a cliff and toss in into the water"

Very poetic imagery, full of emotion!

luckeybear said...

I love it its so sad just like you! it made me cry and I love the imagery it made me see. The best poem yet!!!!

Soma Obsidian said...

Some very strong imagery, very touching. I agree that it seems at times cliche, but nonetheless you have some great thoughts here and promise as a poet. Perhaps you can take a more original passage of your poem and build another poem around it. Expand the idea of that passage. I'd like to see where you go from there.

La Maestra said...

Welcome to the blog!