Saturday, October 15, 2005

Superpower (address)

address: Does this poem seem to be too long and not poetic? It feels like "separated prose", does it feel that way to you?

I seem to
have a superpower-
At least
to you.
I can do anything
everyone else can
and
you know that
However
I can't fly,
can't breathe underwater,
can't lift a car with one hand,
can't run quickly,
but I have a superpower-
only to you.
How can it be true?
I saw you
and
I smiled
but you kept going
then I looked down
closed my eyes
and saw
my hands, my arms, my legs, my body
spontaneously disappear
and there I was
just a smiling soul
it's my superpower but
when I opened my eyes
to the truth
I realized that
it was you
you reduced me
to this form- so raw
so is it you
who has the superpower?

2 comments:

Hilachita said...

I like it. A lot of poetry is seperated prose - but the seperations are what creates the emphasis and poetic flow. I love this part of your poem:

"just a smiling soul
it's my superpower but
when I opened my eyes
...
it was you"

yay! good poem!

pinkroses said...

I totally agree. I really like the feeling conveyed in the poem.. I can kinda relate right now. Ya, but its definatly very poetic.. not just seperated prose at all!