Sunday, October 16, 2005

The Crimson Room, Part 1 (press)

I walk into my room
seeing the farmiliar sight
It's so happy, just like I wanted it.
My toes feel the warm, soft, white shag rug
as I run and jump into my cozy blue bed.
Close my eyes, and smile
But then I look around again
The cheerful lime green walls
turn crimson
the soft, white desk
turns crimson
the pictures so carefully mounted on the wall
match it's newfound shade and
turn crimson
the white closet doors shut rapidly and
turn crimson
My computer, homework, colored pencils,
everything on my desk
turns crimson
the white rug that had caressed my toes only moments earlier
turns crimson
even the white roses
turn crimson
And as I look around, everything but the hardwood floor
is crimson
I lift my body, and can do nothing
as it falls,
lifelessly
limp
to the floor
and then
without warning
th floors are coated
with more crimson

My poems are generally morbid/depressing, as I just noticed. Once again, I just wanted to say that I am just fine, this is just what I write about.

2 comments:

Nero said...

BOTH PARTS TO THE POEM ARE EXCELENT THEY FLOW WELL TOGETHER, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

Anonymous said...

it is sort of dark and depressing, but its very well written. good job!